Tuesday, 21 October 2008

Logging is MY job.

Ok there are, unfortunately for you blog readers, no photos again today. That's because a) Auntie Daryl didn't have one to hand and b) 'cos I'm getting better at innocent there is no evidence.

Yes, you read that right, I am getting better at innocent. Firstly, those Bonios were left on the side after I carefully arranged them. And yes, a lot of them were left in reach oops I mean were carefully stored away from collies with long legs. Oh yes yes yes bribery is well in place. Mum came home to find a torn plastic bag on the floor without any Bonios left in it yesterday and Meg ready to teach me I mean thank me by teaching innocent a bit more.

So, today I went into action. Today was a bit mixed up because its Tuesday and Tuesday is Office Day. Only we didn't go to the office. We went to Jimmy's house. Apparently Mum was going on a train into London so that meant I was being entertained by Jimmy. Oh ho ho ho what fun!

Yesterday was also Jimmy day which was a bit odd, but it gave me a chance to start the Innocence technique. Today, Auntie Daryl asked Uncle Jack why he'd moved the logs from the log pile to the bottom of their garden. *Snort*. She didn't believe him when he said he hadn't. Three big logs, about as big as one of my legs, and twice as thick as my belly. Lying "innocently" at the bottom of the garden. Wahahaha!

Oh - but STOP PRESS! Auntie Daryl called Mum to say I had barked to be let into the garden to wee and poo! Wooo hooo I was told I was a very very very good boy for doing that. So I celebrated by visiting Auntie Daryl upstairs in the bathroom and weeing there too. And followed that up by weeing on her nice clean washed and ironed pile of clothes. Brilliant! She loves me, lots.

Then Auntie Daryl set about cleaning the house and left me and Jimmy to play in the Conservatory and garden whilst she polished the dining room and lounge floor, then upstairs too, all the way through the house.

So, I went logging. In the conservatory - after all there were three logs at the bottom of the garden, there wasn't any need for any more down there.

And the nice, clean, conservatory floor was a fantastic place to start turning logs into kindling. After all every good fire needs lots and lots and lots of kindling, doesn't it? So that's what I made and helpfully left it all over the conservatory floor for Auntie Daryl to collect up for the fire, whilst I went off into the garden to play with Jimmy, and look innocent. Oh what a good boy I am. Innocent doesn't do it justice - Auntie Daryl was amazed at the amount of bark that can come from one log and I think she was pretty chuffed with the results cos she said lots and lots of stuff I didn't understand whilst cleaning it up, and she went on about clean floors a lot but that isn't really a surprise is it because before I'd gone logging she'd done most of the house anyway.

I've rewarded Meg by playing with her tonight. I'll share a Bonio or ten again with her later. She has lots to teach me yet but I don't think she's doing too badly so far, do you?

Mum didn't believe a word of what Auntie Daryl said tonight anyway and says the lack of photographs proves I can't possibly have carried such big logs around in my mouth. I think she's right. Muppets do not lie. ;o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

muppet lokked very knackered at auntie Daryl's tonight, so I wonder what he has been up to today??

Muppet said...

I was very tired tonight. Uncle Jack took me visiting everyone. Everywhere. It wore me out. So much I refused to come home with Mummy and she isn't happy that i wouldn't move from Auntie Daryl's front door. I'm ok now I'm home with Cassie and Meg and the catwithnofur and Lucy and the birdies. But it's fun fun fun at Auntie Daryl's!! PS tonight Auntie Tracy visited and brought wine for Mummy. We like wine :)

Anonymous said...

Truly Muppet - I must NEVER introduce you to another collie, in particular one called Willow because she could help you with your logging - she brings in branches with leaves too!

Still, since it's not you that moved the logs, you wouldn't be interested, would you?

lots of love from your admirers in Ashford xx