Well... there was me on Saturday, not really feeling like doing much. So, I spent a lot of the day cat chasing (naturally) and generally being a sod, Mum said. I got a BATH. AGAIN. I didn't want to be dried so I ran round the garden avoiding Mum and the fur brush. For hours. It took forever for her to catch me and the words "you're going to a Championship show" really didn't wash much favour with me and Mum declared there was no point going, particularly as she'd found the scratch on my eyelid that thecatwithnofurthing inflicted during a particularly hard fought game of tag.
Anyway after she decided I was truly horrid (haha!) we went to bed at a really stupidly early time. Something about a 4am wake up call... what?!!
Mum was right - at 4.30am we were in the car and went went somewhere a long long way away called Stafford which we got to at 8 o'clock in the morning! Yawn!
We parked in the car park and went into a huuuuge showground. They had dog stalls with bones and chews and all kinds of things... but we'll come back to that.
Inside a really big hall were all the dogs and I met up with a few of my Tibetan Terrier chums. No time for games though, Mum hauled me on the grooming table and set to work trying to get my coat nice and straight. She looked at the show entries and declared that we really weren't going to have a good day looking at my competition.
So, we waited for the boy Minor Puppies to do their bit and then we went in the ring and I strutted my stuff. Boy did I strut.
Ta Da! I only won Third place in Puppy Dog again!! That's yet another Crufts qualifying place - not that I need it now - but hey how cool is the Muppet?? That was against six dogs, so I did really well, Mum says.
We went back to the dog bone stall and I got two huuuuge hedgehog shaped chews to feast on yum yum yum.
Since we've been back home, I have reverted to previous behaviour without getting the blame. It was Cassie who came in from the garden and wagged her tail at Mum, who then spotted the two Croc shoes on the patio (furry insides turned inside out and soggy) and the single trainer shoe. I was too busy looking innocent for anyone to think it was me. *snort*
1 comment:
Woo - and indeed - hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment